This is a basic recipe for fried rice with chicken. I sometimes change the vegetables or eliminate the chick/en. Turns out great every time.
2 cups white rice
3-4 cups water
4 scallions, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the uncooked rice and fry, stirring frequently until it starts to brown.
2. Add 3-4 cups of water, depending how soft you like your rice. I usually add only 3 because I like it on the firmer side. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to simmer. If your lid does not have a steam hole, leave the lid tilted so some steam can escape. Stir occasionally.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook over medium high heat in a separate skillet while the rice is coming.
4. Heat a little oil in a wok over medium high heat. Add the vegetables and saute.
5. When all the water is absorbed into the rice, transfer it to the wok and mix with the vegetables. Scramble the eggs and push the rice aside to make a little hole for them to cook.
6. Add the chicken to the rice and mix.
It’s ready to eat!